ORDER OF SERVICE
Seating of the Parents
Having the support and involvement of parents and grandparents in the ceremony brings a special blessing to the couple and also expresses honor to the previous generations of marriage unions.
The processional music begins with the seating of the honored guests:
· Seating of the Groom's grandmother
· Seating of the Bride's grandmother
· Seating of the Groom's parents
Seating of Mother of Bride
Bridal Processional Begins
Minister and Groom enter usually from stage right. If the Groomsmen are not escorting the Bridesmaids down the aisle to the altar, they also enter together with the Minister and Groom.
· Bridesmaids enter, usually down the center aisle, one at a time. If the Groomsmen are escorting the Bridesmaids, they enter together.
· Maid or Matron of Honor enters. If she is being escorted by the Best Man, they enter together.
· Flower Girl and Ring Bearer enter.
Wedding March Begins
The Bride and her father enter. Sometimes the Minister will announce, "All rise for the Bride."
Opening Remarks - "Welcome guests"
Congregation is seated
Giving Away of the Bride
· Father or guardian of the bride
At this time the wedding party typically moves to the stage or platform and the Flower Girl and Ring Bearer are seated with their parents.
The Charge to Bride and Groom
The Wedding prayer and Blessing
At this moment in the wedding ceremony the Bride and Groom face one another
Tying the Knot (see fisherman’s knot details)
How to Tie a Fisherman's Knot
Learn how to tie a Fisherman's Knot.
1. Lay the two ropes side by side.
2. Make a loop around one rope with the other rope, passing the end under both ropes (M).
3. Bring the end over and into the loop to make a single tie (N).
4. Tie the end of the second rope around the first rope in the same manner (N).
5. Draw both knots tight (O).
Exchanging of the Rings
· The Kiss - Minister: [Groom], you may now kiss your Bride.
· Presentation of the Couple - Minister: It is now my privilege to introduce…, Mr. & Mrs. [Groom’s Surname]
· The wedding party exits the platform, typically in the following order:
· Bride and Groom
· Maid or Matron of Honor and Best Man
· Bridesmaids and Groomsmen
· Flower Girl and Ring Bearer
· The Ushers return for the honored guests who are escorted out in reverse order of their entrance.
· Ushers may then dismiss the remaining